Friday, January 25, 2013

'Dolls' Digital Single Review Nine Muses

Nine Muses are back!! This time as all 9 haha and they have a more pure concept compared to what they've always done. With this softer image, I think they digress and this time they will surely be compared to SNSD because they are normally seen as stronger women and have stronger songs...but we'll see...
What Is Love (Intro): This is just an intro to the song 'Dolls' I feel like it was used for the teasers for the music video haha, but I like it though...
Dolls: I really love the instrumental and how it starts off with that retro jazz band sound that they are pretty much known for. It's nice that they continue to stick with this concept ever since 'Figaro' however, I think the song is quite weak...compared to everything they've ever put out...It's softer, not that strong, but I LOVE the instrumental, it's amazing!!! I just wish there was more to it...
Nothing special, typical like all their music videos haha, everyone looks gorgeous as usual, I like how they did the black verses white but there was no difference in them. When they released the pictures for it I thought that the White Group would perform and the Black Group would, like a separate unit sort of...but whatever.
Just Looking: Definitely a continuation of the previous songs, they aren't bad just nothing different...in terms of sound...

I've been following Nine Muses since they're debut!! When everyone was calling them SNSD copycats, I stuck around because their music and image was different!! Their sound has pop/retro and they had more attitude and vocal stability and addictive songs! I've loved No Playboy, Girls, Figaro, News, and One Way Ticket!! Now...this song is sort of a let down because they wanted to change up their image...I think that destroys their previous efforts because now they look and sound like every other girl group and will continue to lose to SNSD.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Kpop Craze

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi