Thursday, April 11, 2013

'Gentleman' PSY Review

PSY has returned after the mega-hit 'Gangnam Style' and the world is holding their breath to see how well "Gentleman" will do mainly in America. No one cares if it's a success in Korea, as long as he maintains his popularity in America he can prove he is not a one-hit wonder...but this song...
LMAOOOOOOOOO, this video is EVERYTHING. Not as awesome as Gangnam Style, and there are a lot of references to Gangnam Style, but this video is more hilarious in my opinion. I loved that the "Infinity Challenge" members were in the video this time, not just Jae suk and Noh Hung Chul. Haha is being his retarded self, I loved Myung Soo hahaa. Great humor in this video, Americans appreciate stupid things like this. When I first heard that the "Abracadabra" dance would be used I was like "WHYYYYYYYYYY" even though Americans don't know the dance, I already know it, and now millions of people will keep doing it. But the dance fits with the song, I guess I can keep doing it some more haha. I loved "Ga-in" she had more presence and activity more than Hyuna. This will make more people go watch "Brown Eyed Girls" stuff so I appreciate that! I still hate the song though. The comments on Youtube are changing every 2 seconds so I can't catch them all like I'm on Ustream hahaha. Some love it, some hate it, same as before with "Gangnam Style" but now the takeover will ensue and we shall see how well this song does. It's already high on the charts and climbing all over the world and I'm sure that the video will make it even more popular...

The Song: The beat is very electro-pop, Swedish House, synths and everything, somewhat similar to how Gangnam Style was created, but this sounds more Americanized. That's mistake #1. I agree that it's addicting but, it lost it's new fresh appeal that Gangnam Style had. I was hoping that he would stay true to himself, but I can tell that pressure got to him. The lyrics are horrendous and stupid, like a typical American song. I do like the "ALLANGAMOLLA" part because it's fun to say...and I like the "I'm a mother father Gentleman!" But those lyrics are contradictory. I feel like his original song "Arrassabia" or whatever might have been better...he had to change it to suit American tastes. Again mistake #2
But I do see this song being popular, but perhaps not as popular as "Gangnam Style". I'm more excited for the music video than anything, but with the pictures I've already seen, it will be similar to "Gangnam Style"
I do know that this song will be popular in the clubs, it has radio appeal, similar to LMFAO and I know that Americans will keep comparing him to them...

I think eventually I will love this song, but I won't buy it. I legit bought "Gangnam Style" because it was amazing, this song on the other hand...is stupid and too Westernized...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Kpop Craze

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi