Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Wild" Mini Album Review

Nine Muses are back!! And this time, as bad bitches!!!
Resorting to the sexy concept, as of course for attention, they have released another mini album following their "Dolls" promotions earlier this year. I find it kind of odd that they're back so soon, but hopefully with their title song, they can get more recognition because I'm still rooting for them!!
Spotlight (Intro): It's a nice little intro, nothing to it, it's decent but it doesn't get me hyped for anything either, but it definitely sets the tone for the rest of the album.
Wild: I think it will take me a while to get used to this song, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. For the first time, they are departing from there 80's pop sound, but they still have a hint of it in the song. Even though the instrumental is modern and electronic, their sad and slow, non-intense vocals makes it softer and reminiscent of their earlier styles of genre. It doesn't automatically make me want to jam to this song, but it's not bad either. Like I said it'll grow on me. I like, it's not bad at all.
WOAHHHH, this is super sexy. Like DAMN, this is hot hahaha. Veryyyyyy sexy. I don't think it's going to get flagged, but then again there are moments where I was like WOAH I smell a flag haha. They look FABULOUS, bad bitches!! I love it!!!!
Action: Not bad, I like the use of the lower register. They're continuing with the modern electronic sound again, so I'm liking the consistency. It's a really good song, but it doesn't do anything for me. I'm a big fan of the lower register though ahhaha. 
Paper Scraps: They slow it down here, with a mid-tempo pop/r&b sound. I like the title of the song, and they definitely get the meaning of the song across. Not bad, but I don't get goosebumps or anything listening to their voices.
Living Person: I liked it the second it started! Also a mid-tempo song, starts off with the sadness/sultryness of the rapper, interesting! Then it eases into synths and they start singing! I like it, probably the best song production wise off the album!!

I'm kind of sad that they left their genre they normally sing in. I think they went this route for attention and to hopefully gain recognition, although they should've stuck with it! It's what set them apart from other girl groups to me, and I liked their style!! Changing to this vibe, there's nothing special about them. Granted, this is probably their best mini album they've come out with and given that music video, they will definitely get attention. I wish them luck!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Kpop Craze

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi