Tuesday, October 1, 2013

'Very Good' Mini Album Review

BBC!! BLOCK B ARE BACK!! After the all their trials and tribulations, Block B are back under a new label, but with the same sound! BBC!!!
Although I wish this was a full album, I'm content with a being a mini album or just having them back all together. And of course they don't disappoint.
Very Good: This song is not my favorite from them, nor is it their best but I STILL LOVE IT! Pop and rock together, Zico's awesome flow and raps, Taeil's amazing vocals I just it's so FUN! The lyrics is just about having fun, be reckless, don't act just be yourself. The MV definitely fits the vibe.
Even though I love this video alot, you can not NOT compare this to Big Bang!! There are too many striking similarities! I like the bank heist job, that suits them along with the song. However, Zico is definitely channeling Taeyang from the 'Fantastic Baby' mv seriously the EXACT COPY
Taeyang is revealing his tattoos on his naked body from the neck down whilst wearing a big fur coat

Zico is also revealing his tattoos on his naked body from the NECK DOWN WHILST WEARING A BIG FURRY COAT
The similarities are clearly evident. Don't get me wrong I'm a HUGE FAN OF BOTH GROUPS but come on, seriously? I know that Big Bang didn't create this look obviously and they don't own it, however this similarity is too obvious to pass up.
Apart from that I love everything else I love how funny it is, it suits them to a T. Even though the bank robbery story line seems a little iffy and gets jumbled up in between the members solo shots, I still love it. Very fun!
Be the Light: This song was pre-released last week and I thought it was a very interesting song for them to mark their comeback with. Of course this isn't the title song but it's different from what I expected. Even so, it's still a Block B song, a mid-tempo ballad. Very sad love song. Taeil and B-bomb's vocals were so painfully amazing evoking so much emotion I love it! Good song!
Over dramatic haha it made no sense why U-kwon was getting beat up and at the same time have everyone at the top of the building standing and singing. And we don't know why he was getting beat up the entire time. But that's fine. I'm glad this isn't a 30 min drama ver of something that didn't need to be done.
When, Where, What, and How (Kyung solo ft Jo Hyun Ah of Urban Zapaka): ABSOLUTELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. It's jazzy and sultry. I love the female vocalist, she compliments Kyung well. Even though I really don't like Kyung (he raps using the n-word) I love this song alot. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it's perfect. Immediately downloading!
Nice Day: Once again I will praise Taeil's voice. His skats are going to kill me.Ok now this is a good song. Has the old school hip hop instrumental, then changes to pop, then it changes to sounds from a band like the piano and drums. LOVE IT. At first I didn't like it, but as the song progresses I start to like it more, mainly because of the use of instruments and the composition. Good song!!

Overall: Honestly, I have never heard a bad Block B song nor have I ever hated a song or album from them. Therefore I have nothing bad to say about any of the songs or album at all. It's great. If you're a BBC you'll love it and even if you aren't it's still a great album and you'll love it. Variety of genres but it's still in Block B fashion. Love it!!
Rating 5.0/5.0


No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Kpop Craze

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi